Filter by review rating
On this page
These days, a review system is vital for Shopify stores because product reviews and ratings help online shoppers to get more informed with real-life insight and make better purchase decisions. There are various product review apps from the Shopify App Store that allow you to collect customer reviews and display them on product pages.
Our app can help your Shopify store to display a filter that lets your customers filter products by their star ratings. To set up that filter, you simply need to integrate your current product review app with our app and then create a filter option based on your store's rating data.
Integrate your product review app with Product Filter & Search
First, to let our app sync with your rating data, your current product review app needs to be integrated with our app.
To integrate your product review app with Product Filter & Search:
From the app's admin, go to Tool > Integration. Your product review app is located in the first section.
Detect your current product review app and toggle the button to switch it on to integrate the app with Product Filter & Search automatically.
Some product review apps, such as Yotpo, and Stamped.io, will ask you to enter the app key public to allow our app to sync with your rating data. You can contact the product review app to get the key.
Click Continue in the Integration data notice pop-up.
Wait about 3 minutes to let the sync process complete.
Your current product review app will add Metafields to our app after the integration (Except Yotpo and Stamped.io) for the purpose of synchronization, and we will not use those Metafields to create a filter for product reviews. When the product review app is updated or disabled in your Shopify store, those Metafields will be deleted automatically.
To prevent unexpected data loss, we suggest that you don't remove those Metafields when the product review app is still active.
Create a filter for product reviews
To set up a filter for product reviews from your integrated rating data:
- From the app's admin, go to Filter > Manage filter trees.
- Click the filter tree that you want to set up a filter for product reviews.
- Click Add filter option.
- Select Review Ratings in the drop-down of Option Type.
- In the drop-down of Option Display:
- Select Display select values and above to display products that match the chosen value and up.
- Select Display selected ratings only to display products that match the chosen value only.
- In the Star Color section, place your cursor in the color wheel to choose your desired color of the rating star or enter the six-character hexadecimal value of the color.
- Click Save on the Edit filter options page.
- Click Save on the Filter Options page.
- Check how the new filter option applies to your storefront.