Multi-level collection filter
On this page
Our app enhances your ability to set up filters for product attributes not available in both Shopify and our app using product tags. With the "Navigation collections" filter option, you can create multiple layers of grouping for improved user experience. This allows you to build alternative groupings of product collections that are linked to different collections on your store. For example, on your All products page, instead of creating a separate Hat collection, you can simply let your customers know that you have a limited number of hats and provide them with the option to filter by specific hat types using the "Navigation collections" filter.
Set up a “Navigation collections” filter option
- Make sure that you have added tags to specific products that you want to have in this filter.
- From the app’s admin, go to Filters -> Select the filter group that you want to set up a Navigation collections filter.
- Click Add filter option.
- Select Collections in the drop-down of Option Type, then click on the Navigation collections option.
Create a “multi-level collection” filter by using Navigation collections
Next to the Navigation collections option, you can choose the type of lower level filter you want to create in the Select child type drop-down.
- None: This is the default option. It means that you don't want to create a lower level filter.
- Tags: This option allows you to create a lower level filter by using product tags.
- Collections: This option allows you to create a lower level filter by using product collections.
- Hyperlink: This option allows you to create a lower level filter by using a hyperlink.
On the Main collection column, you will need to select the collection that you want to use as the parent level of the filter.
If you selected a child type in step 1, you will need to select the child level of the filter.
- If you choose tags, ensure that you select the ones you want to use as child filters for the collection. Please note that you should pick tags available in the products of the parent collection. Otherwise, when users click on the child filter on the storefront, it will display no results.
- If you selected Collections, ensure that you select the ones that you want to use as the child level of the filter.
- If you selected Hyperlink, ensure that you enter the URL that you want to use as the child level of the filter.
You can leave the child level blank if you want to create a filter with only one level.
You can create another option by click on the Add item button.
You can change the order of the options by drag and drop them into your desired position.
Normally, the Navigation collections filter will changes based on the current collection that you are visiting. However, you can choose to keep the filter options the same on all collections by enabling the Keep main collection unchanged option.
Click on Create button and check how new filter appear on your storefront.