On this page
Searchandising is a term combining search and merchandising. In other words, searchandising is the strategic arrangement of items within search queries or categories in order to optimize business goals, whether it be unit sales, profitable products, or something else.
Searchandising aims to place super relevant products in front of your customer, which then increases the likelihood that they will buy them. It's not only about product findability but becomes an active-selling tactic based on the principle that every shopper query is a retailer's selling opportunity. Let's look at a few benefits that a good searchandising can bring.
What are Searchandising tools that Sobooster Search & Filter offer?
- Pin products: Set products to appear at the top of collection pages. For example, you can pin sales products to capture customers' attention during promotions.
- Boost products: Improve the ranking of products to a higher position on collection pages. For example, you can promote seasonal products during special events.
- Bury products: Move products lower on the collection pages. For example, you can bury items with mostly sold-out size or color variants.
- Include products: Add products to one or more collection pages. For example, you can include relevant products in your collection without modifying your collection rules in Shopify or BigCommerce.
- Exclude products: Hide products from one or more collection pages. For example, you can exclude out-of-stock or irrelevant products from appearing in your collections.
- Dynamic: Use this method to set or alter the ranking score of products.